BASIC BIBLE HEALTH TIPS!
BASIC BIBLE HEALTH TIPS!
1.God’s basic health laws for us are simple: Proper diet, proper rest, proper exercise and right living are the key to a happy and healthy life!
2. The Lord created us and He knows what’s best for us. He’s like a father to us and He wants us to be happy and healthy. Of course, one of the greatest factors in maintaining good health is faith.-To know that God loves you and cares for you and is going to take care of you no matter what.
3. Faith eliminates fear and tension, two of the greatest causes of disease and ill health. When you have faith, you can have peace of mind and can just rest in the Lord, knowing that He is going to take care of everything. The elimination of fear by faith gives peace of mind and rest to your nervous system, stomach and vital organs, including your heart. Faith also eliminates bitterness, hatred and a negative attitude toward life-all of which have been proven to cause the build-up of actual poisons in your body.
4. Your physical state of health is largely dependent on your mental state of health, which in turn is dependent on your spiritual condition.
5. 1John 4:18 says, “There is no fear in Love, but perfect Love casts out fear: Because fear hath torment. He that fears is not made perfect in Love.” Love and faith cast out all fear, therefore faith in God, trust in God, gives you a feeling of rest of body, peace of mind, contentment of heart and spiritual well-being, which all tend to greatly improve your physical state of health. Peace of mind is a great asset to health, but worry is a killer! Therefore, people who know and trust the Lord can, in general, expect good health because they don’t have to worry.
6. Obey God’s natural laws and maintain a right relation with Him and you’ll stay healthy most of the time. But if you disregard and disobey His Laws, you won’t get away with it!
7. Since God has given us good bodies, we ought to take care of them! It’s a shame to abuse them, but so many people today do abuse them frequently with a lot of harmful junk foods, chemicals, pills, drugs and alcohol, as well as subjecting themselves to a great deal of unnecessary stress and risks. (See 1Corinthians 3:16,17.)
8. We need to maintain healthy habits, starting with a good diet, eating the right kind of foods, being sure to get plenty of rest, as well as lots of good exercise.
THE IMPORTANCE OF GOOD DIET
9. A good, healthy, natural diet is one of the main building-blocks for good health. That is why the Bible goes into such great detail about foods which we should or should not eat.
10. We are told to eat the meat of animals which chew cud and which have cloven hoofs: Like beef, lamb, goat etc., but not horse, camel, rabbit or pork etc. unless absolutely necessary.-Leviticus 11:1-7. Even with clean animals, you shouldn’t eat unclean parts such as the kidneys, fat, gall bladder, blood and intestines.-Leviticus 7:4.23,26-27.
11. The only clean seafood are fish having both fins and scales! All others are unclean, such as all the different varieties of shellfish, and all crustaceans such as crab, lobster, shrimp, prawns, crawfish etc. The reason for this is because they are the garbage men of the sea and eat the junk and sewage that is dumped into our oceans, rivers and streams.-Leviticus 11:9-12.
12. The unclean fowls are all the different kinds of eagles, hawks, owls, vultures, swans, pelicans, storks, herons, bats etc.-Leviticus 11:13-20.
13. In our modern age there are many processed foods which have little or no food value. One of the worst things is white sugar. Besides the fact that it is very destructive to your teeth, doctors have concluded that too much sugar in the diet is one of the most common causes of modern illnesses. They have even traced a lot of heart failure and heart trouble back to too much sugar in the diet.
14. Overeating or eating too much fat is also very hard on your heart. Many Westerners, Americans especially, eat far too much, which is why they have so many problems with heart disease, cancer and all kinds of other diseases that come from overeating. They are literally eating themselves to death, digging their graves with their teeth!
15. Most people cook almost all the food value out of their food. Vegetables should be cooked as little as possible; in fact, if they are tender enough to eat raw, it’s usually better to eat them raw.
16. If you’re living in a country where it is not safe to eat raw vegetables for one reason or another (for example, if human dung was used to fertilize them), then you’ll have to cook them, of course. In that case, cook them the minimum amount necessary, and in as little water as possible, to prevent the vitamins and nutrients from being cooked out of them. If you do eat raw vegetables, make sure they are scrubbed thoroughly.
17. When you eat, eat to your satisfaction, then don’t touch any more food.-Let your stomach go to work digesting it. A normal healthy stomach takes about two full hours to digest a meal, so don’t nibble or snack or eat again for at least two hours after a meal.
18. Exercise is one of the prime requisites for good health. Regularly get at least an hour of good physical exercise outdoors in the fresh air and sunshine if possible.
19. Vigorous exercise in the long run creates energy rather than using it up. During exercise, the circulatory and respiratory systems are stimulated and the blood begins to surge through your body, oxygen and nutrients are fed to the cells of the tissues and the accumulated waste products are removed. Often exercise is a good substitute for a nap when feeling drowsy, if you’re not tired because of illness or a lack of sleep the night before.
20. A pleasant side effect from exercise is that it acts almost as a tranquilizer-it seems to literally drain away your tensions as you go. The mental and emotional fatigue that comes at the end of a trying but sedentary day can be almost miraculously dispelled with a little physical exercise.
21. Exercise is known to reduce high blood pressure-often a forerunner of heart disease-and results in a bigger, stronger heart. The more the heart or any muscle is exercised, the bigger and stronger it becomes. But don’t exercise beyond your capacity, and never indulge in strenuous exercise too soon after eating.
22. Nearly all types of pulmonary diseases, lung trouble, asthma, tuberculosis and others are aggravated-if not caused-by inactivity, lack of exercise, lack of fresh air and a lack of sunshine.
23. Your body was built for activity, it wasn’t built just to sit or lie around all day. It was built for vigorous motion, work and exercise!
24. A walk is one of the best kinds of exercise in the world for you because you get out in the fresh air and sunshine. It’s inspiring, invigorating and you get fresh air to flush out your lungs and your blood stream.-So don’t fail to get out every day!
25. Jogging has come under increasing criticism from the medical profession as potentially dangerous to good health because it causes undue stress and fatigue, but walking, swimming, gardening and sports such as badminton etc. are all safe and healthy ways to exercise.
26. The sign on the wall told the simple story: “Directions for Body Use: If left sitting too long, will tend to sag and settle on its bottom. Shake well daily in fresh air and sunshine.”
REST AND SLEEP
27. Another “must” for good health is to sleep right. Try to get on a regular schedule of seven to nine hours of unbroken sleep a night, whatever you need.
28. One of the worst things you can do when you first go to bed is to talk or start thinking about your problems or your worries or your work, as it will just keep you awake. Talk about pleasant things or enjoy loving sex. There is hardly anything more conducive to sleep than that blissful relaxed feeling you have after making love.
29. We need to take care of our body and its various parts, and two of the most important parts are our eyes. One of the best ways to take good care of your eyes is to read in good light.–Natural light if possible.
30. The extra tine and energy expended in situating yourself in a good, well-lighted place to read is far less than the expense and inconvenience of damaging your eyes and needing to wear glasses.
31. Some people just naturally have weak eyes inherited at birth from their parents, but we should still try to do everything in our power to make life easy on our eyes.
32. Believe it or not, science has found out that your eyes consume one-fourth of your body’s energy daily, which can help you understand why you can feel so tired after a day of solid reading or studying,
33. You not only consume a great deal of energy through using your eyes, but as some scientists have recently discovered, you also receive energy from sunlight through your eyes. So to get some sunlight through your eyes is good; just don’t overdo. Very bright, direct sunshine which causes you to strain or squint is bad for your eyes, so it is good to wear a pair of sunglasses in these conditions.
34. Good dental care is very important. Tooth decay sets in within ten minutes after eating, so rinse your mouth thoroughly with water immediately after eating or drinking anything.
35. Being faithful to brush your teeth once or twice daily is important, but watch out about brushing your teeth too much. A toothbrush’s bristles can actually wear away the dentine right at the base of the enamel and that’s where the decay will set in.
36. It’s good to get a new toothbrush about once every two or three months.
37. Have you ever heard the old saying that “Cleanliness is next to Godliness”? Well, actually cleanliness is not just next to it, it is Godliness!
38. It’s important to stay clean and wash yourself regularly, especially your hands, because hand washing can also keep you free from catching and spreading many harmful and even deadly infections and viruses.
39. Doctors agree that even a thirty-second hand washing can rid the skin of 90 percent of virus-carrying particles. In fact, if people are scrupulous about washing their hands, it can even dramatically cut the risk of catching colds because hand washing breaks the cycle of the cold virus transmission.
FIGHTING FILTHY FLIES!
40. One of the primary enemies of human health is the common fly. He is a constant aggressor who has made it his job to try to make you sick. To combat him we need to be on the attack, militantly on the offensive.
41. When it comes to numbers, flies have got us outnumbered, but we have the big guns (fly swatters), the high ground and the fortifications (window screens) necessary to win the battle.
42. The Lord calls the Devil, “Beelzebub”, which means “the Lord of the flies”.- And filthy little flies are like annoying demons and certainly do act as if they’re devil-inspired!
43. Flies love dirt and filth like dung, sewage, garbage, dead bodies-anything dead and rotten! The horror is, they also like our nice clean food as well, and so after they walk through filth, picking up all kinds of germs, viruses and bacteria on their sticky, hairy legs, they come crawling all over our food, depositing their germs and eggs, and that’s how countless victims end up with cholera, tuberculosis, typhoid fever and scores of other deadly diseases! (The same holds true of cockroaches.-Beware!)
44. It is vital for your health and for that of your family to do all you can to keep flies and roaches out of your house! – And immediately kill any that do get in!
45. When living in situations where there is the constant possibility of your food being contaminated by filthy flies and roaches, you’re going to have to work extra hard and be extra diligent to keep your food covered and to keep them out of your house.
46. Accidents don’t just happen without a reason.-Especially not to Christians, God’s children who love Him. For example, catching a cold: They are usually either brought on through carelessness or simply because you didn’t take the necessary precautions to prevent them.
47. Most accidents do not just “happen” -they are caused! If you avoid the conditions that cause accidents, then you’ll avoid most accidents. The rest, of course, God has to do, because the Devil can attack you with illnesses and accidents that are beyond your ability to avoid.
48. To stay away from trouble is the best way to prevent it, like the story told about the drivers who applied for a job as chauffeur for a rich man. He put them all through a test, asking them to see how close they could drive to the edge of a precarious cliff safely. So each of these expert drivers drove the limousine as close to the edge as he could, very cleverly and skillfully and carefully without falling over the edge. Finally the last driver got in and, after starting up the limousine, veered way over to the opposite side of the road from the precipice and drove as far away from the edge as he possibly could. The rich man said, ‘You’ve got the job! That’s how to drive safely close to the edge!-Don’t drive anywhere near it!’
49. How do you prevent accidents?-By making it impossible for them to happen, by totally avoiding dangerous conditions or circumstances as much as possible!
MEDICINES, DOCTORS AND HOSPITALS
50. Dr. Robert Mendelsohn, a noted American doctor from Chicago, wrote recently, “I dearly wish that someday a drug would cone onto the market which actually cured the condition for which it was prescribed and which had no side effects or adverse reactions. But unfortunately, as I learned long ago, when chemicals are put into the body, their effects cannot be limited to merely the area for which they were intended. A medication that acts on one system will usually affect other systems as well, and while one disease condition may be cured by use of a drug, another disease may be activated!”
51. “Hospitals are the last place a person should go. You can pick up germs from the sick people who frequent public hospitals, that you can’t get anywhere else in town!”-Dr. Robert Mendelsohn.
52. Most people these days have gotten so accustomed to taking medicines, pills etc.. that the whole idea of experimental chemical drugs seems perfectly “natural” and “normal” to them. But medicine can be regarded the same way as accidents: The best way to avoid accidentally getting the wrong medicine or the wrong dose of some medicine that will hurt you is just don’t take any!
53. The Lord is able to heal you from anything, if you have the faith to trust Him! God’s healing is not only safer and surer, but it’s also far less expensive. If you need healing, please read our article, “Healing In His Wings” (page 393), which will tell you how you can obtain God’s healing in your life!
54. Doctors do have a place when it comes to the mechanical things like fixing broken bones etc. But when it comes to the chemical, experimental drugs, when they honestly don’t know what the trouble is, but are just trying one medicine after another on you, then you’re on dangerous ground, because they could do more damage than good.
55. The best thing you can do is to just use common sense to avoid accidents and illness!–And especially trust the Lord! You do your best and God will do the rest!
56. Do your best to keep in good health and live right, eat right, work right, rest right, and God will do His part and keep you in good health most of the time!
57. Don’t be surprised if, even though you scrupulously try to obey all of God’s health laws, you still happen to get sick sometimes, for the Bible itself says, “Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all.”- Psalm 34:19. This is one way the Lord has of keeping us righteous-by testing our faith and purging and humbling us by means of afflictions!
58. If you get sick, get down to business with God and desperately call out to Him to show you why you are sick; ask Him to forgive you and then pray and claim His promises for healing!
59. “He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases.”-Psalm 103:3.
60. “Is any one of you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; and the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he shall be forgiven. Therefore, confess your sins to each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.”-James 5:14-16.
61. The main thing to do to stay healthy is live close to the Lord and trust Him, stay in His Will and obey His Word!
62. When you know you’re obeying God and doing what you can to stay healthy, then you can have the faith to ask Him to protect you and yours from accidents and to bless you with good health! But remember, you have to do your part and obey God’s simple common-sense health rules!-Amen? God bless you with good health!
Copyright (c) 1998 by The Family